BridgeEdU is not affiliated with the U.S. Department of Education or any other government entity or department. A student is not required to pay any fees to BridgeEdU or to use BridgeEdU’s Site or services in order to fill out and submit any government forms, including, without limitation, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Personal Information We Collect. “Personal information” is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person. Personal information we collect may include your name, phone number, mailing address, birth date, cell phone, e-mail address and payment information, such as credit card number and expiration date. For example, when you register to create an account, we require you to provide certain information, including, without limitation, your name and email address. When you submit an online application, we require you to provide information, including, without limitation, your name, date of birth, mailing address, and email address. You can optionally provide certain information, such as high school and college transcripts, educational and work experience, SAT and/or ACT scores, letter(s) of recommendation, income, loan and financial aid information, and other educational information. You also have the option to provide certain demographic information. When you use the “Contact Us” link on the Site, we collect personal information you submit, such as your name, phone number and e-mail address. We may use links throughout the Site to provide you with the opportunity to contact us via e-mail to ask questions, request information and materials, or provide comments and suggestions. You may also be offered the opportunity to have one of our representatives contact you personally to provide additional information about our products and services. To do so, we may request additional personal information from you, such as your name, email address and telephone number, to help us satisfy your request.
By initiating any activity or transaction that uses financial information on our Site, you consent to providing your financial information to us and our service providers processing the transaction to the extent required to provide the payment services to you. When we collect payment information directly from you, like credit card numbers and expiration dates, we transmit this payment data directly from you to the credit card processing company and it is not stored by us.
- Cookies; Traffic Data, Analytics Data Whenever you visit or interact with the Site, we, as well as our service providers, may use assorted technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the Site is accessed and used. We refer to this information as traffic data. Traffic data may include browser type, device type used to access the Site (i.e., computer or mobile device), user browsing time, geographical data, unique number assigned to identify such device, operating system, application version, click path taken through the Site, your use of features or applications on the Site, and other publicly available information. This information helps us improve the Site, products and services. Traffic data is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as an identifiable person, we will treat it as personal information. We will also use technology that tracks specific activities and events that occur when using our app, such as time to complete a mission and number of times a function is used. This will only be reported in the aggregate and not tied to a specific individual. Technologies we use on the Site to collect traffic data may include cookies (data files placed on your computer or other devices used to access the Site), mobile analytics software and pixel tags (transparent graphic image, sometimes called a web beacon or tracking beacon, placed on a web page or in an e-mail, which indicates that a page or e-mail has been viewed). We may utilize a short-lived form of cookie when you visit the Site. A cookie is used to identify one unique visitor from another visitor during a particular session. A session is the period of active Site-use while that unique visitor is linked to our server. We may use cookie technology during a session as a tool to carry forward your input information. This enables the visitor to input their information once and have the information appear later. No personal information is stored on the cookie. A pixel tag may tell your browser to get content from another server. We, or our vendors, may place cookies or similar files on your computer or other devices used to access the Site for security purposes, to facilitate Site navigation and to personalize your experience while visiting the Site. We also use this traffic data to maintain and help diagnose problems with our Site, to build up marketing profiles, to aid strategic development and to help administer and audit usage of the Site.
To learn how you may be able to reduce the number of cookies you receive from us, or delete cookies that have already been installed in your browser’s cookie folder, please refer to your browser’s help menu or other instructions related to your browser. If you do disable or opt out of receiving cookies, please be aware that some features and services on the Site may not work as intended and you may not have access to all of the services and features we may offer.
- Do Not Track Requests; Third Party Tracking. We do not presently have the capability to omit you from usage analytics to the extent your browser only sends us a “do not track” message and does not otherwise screen you from tracking without any action on our part. Third parties, other than our vendors (such as our website analytics provider), do not have authorization from us to track which websites you visited prior to and after visiting the Site. That said, we cannot control third party tracking and there may be some third party tracking that occurs without our knowledge or consent.
- How We Use Information We Collect. We collect and use your personal information for a variety of business purposes, including to respond to your requests, to provide the products and services that you request, to communicate with you about our services, to provide you with information about our products, services and offerings, and to do all things necessary to administer the Site and our services, and manage, protect and improve them. We will use your personal information in aggregate to create progress reports to be released publically. No individual personal information will be included in any public white paper or progress reports. We may also use your personal information to administer surveys, polls, loyalty programs, and other promotional events.
- Changes in Personal Information; Opt-Out. If you wish to correct or update your personal information, please contact us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or, if you have an online account, you may be able to log into your account and update certain account information. We may not be able to correct or update your personal information previously provided by us to third parties. If you receive any promotional e-mail communication from us, you will be given the option to “unsubscribe” from receiving further e-mail communications from us at any time. Your option not to receive promotional and marketing material will not preclude us from corresponding with you, by e-mail or otherwise, regarding your existing or past business relationships with us, and will not preclude us from accessing and viewing your personal information in the course of maintaining and improving the Site and our services.
- Children. The Site is not intended for use by children in the United States under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from such individuals. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of any such individual, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
- Your California Privacy Rights. Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code (the “Shine the Light Law”), residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information in the immediately preceding calendar year. We do not currently share personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third parties.